P.O. Box 686
Jackson, MS 39205-0686
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
(Except on legal holiday)
The Planning Division is responsible for assisting the Hinds County Board of Supervisors to plan and develop successful programs that serve the citizens of Hinds County and the State of Mississippi.
Significant accomplishments for the Planning Division in FY 2008 were as follows:
- The restoration of the Hinds County Courthouse in Raymond, Mississippi.
- Completed energy conservation program for the three county-owned buildings.
- Continue to provide streams of funding for plans and programs developed throughout the county.
Major plans for the coming fiscal year 2009 include:
- To continue the development of the Clinton-Byram Corridor.
- To continue the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Environmental Quality's programs for safe use of the land in Hinds County.
- To develop plans to work with mentally challenged inmates in the Hinds County Detention Center.
- To develop plans to work with the "homeless" member of society who presently reside in Hinds County.
- To develop a security initiative for Hinds County.
- To provide for improvements in the quality of life and quality of place in Hinds County through planned and managed park and recreation facilities and programs.