Jimmie L. Lucas
The Hinds County Safety Department strives to provide and promote a safe, stabile environment for the employees, residents and visitors of Hinds County, Ms. It is the desire to ensure all reasonable efforts are sought to make Hinds County a safe, healthful and enjoyable place to work, live and visit. Employees and visitors are a most important resource, and my mission is to help protect the health and safety of all employees and visitors.
It is the purpose of Hinds County to provide employees with the safest environment throughout the County. Every reasonable effort will be made to maintain a safe and healthy place to work. Safe work methods and practices shall be exercised by employees at all times. Accidents which injure people and damage property are extremely costly to the public. My purpose is to present to employees, guidelines which will assist in eliminating accidents.
- Promote safety awareness through employee safety training
- Provide periodic building and equipment inspections.
- Make safety a vital part of the daily activities.
- Implement an aggressive workable Loss Control Program.
- Insure all employees are observing the rules of conduct and safety, and comply with all safety rules.
- Employees are a most important resource. This manual is designed to help protect the safety of employees.
- Monitor automobile accident claims by department.