Duties of a Constable
- To keep and preserve the peace within his county, by faithfully aiding and assisting in executing the criminal laws of the state;
- To give information, without delay, to some justice court judge or other proper officer, of all riots, routs and unlawful assemblies, and of every violation of the penal laws which may come to his knowledge in any manner whatsoever
- To execute and return all process, civil and criminal, lawfully directed to him, according to the command thereof; and
- To pay over all monies, when collected by him to the person lawfully authorized to receive the same.
- In addition, the constable is authorized to serve process issued by any county, chancery or circuit court, and shall receive the same fee as he would receive for service of process in justice court.